Entries in Word of the Day (64)
Today's word of the day is "Exultant:"
Today's word of the day is "Efficacious:"
Today's word of the day is "Sacrilege:"
- the violation or profanation of anything sacred or held sacred.
- an instance of this.
- the stealing of anything consecrated to the service of God.
Today's word of the day is "Pernicious:"
- causing insidious harm or ruin; ruinous; injurious; hurtful: pernicious teachings; a pernicious lie.
- deadly; fatal: a pernicious disease.
- Obsolete . evil; wicked.
Today's word of the day is "Ardent:"
- having, expressive of, or characterized by intense feeling; passionate; fervent: an ardent vow; ardent love.
- intensely devoted, eager, or enthusiastic; zealous: an ardent theatergoer. an ardent student of french history.
- vehement; fierce: They were frightened by his ardent, burning eyes.
- burning, fiery, or hot: the ardent core of a star.
Today's word of the day is Reckless:
- utterly unconcerned about the consequences of some action; without caution; careless (usually followed by of ): to be reckless of danger.
- characterized by or proceeding from such carelessness: reckless extravagance.
Today's word of the day is Encompass:
–verb (used with object)
- to form a circle about; encircle; surround: He built a moat to encompass the castle.
- to enclose; envelop: The folds of a great cloak encompassed her person.
- to include comprehensively: a work that encompasses the entire range of the world's religious beliefs.
Today's word of the day is Frenetic:
Today's word of the day is Unbridled:
Today's word of the day is Recurrent:
- that recurs; occurring or appearing again, especially repeatedly or periodically.
Today's word of the day is Mind-blowing:
- overwhelming; astounding: Spending a week in the jungle was a mind-blowing experience.
- producing a hallucinogenic effect: a mind-blowing drug.
Today's word of the day is Endorse:
en·dorse[en-dawrs] verb, -dorsed, -dors·ing, noun
–verb (used with object) Also, indorse ( for defs. 1–6 ) .
- to approve, support, or sustain: to endorse a political candidate.
- to designate oneself as payee of (a check) by signing, usually on the reverse side of the instrument.
- to sign one's name on (a commercial document or other instrument).
- to make over (a stated amount) to another as payee by one's endorsement
- to write (something) on the back of a document, paper, etc.: to endorse instructions; to endorse one's Signature.
- to acknowledge (payment) by placing one's signature on a bill, draft, etc.
Today's word of the day is Ensnare: