Entries in Conan O'Brien (6)
Today's word of the day is Undulate:
un·du·late[v. uhn-juh-leyt, uhn-dyuh-, -duh-; adj. uhn-juh-lit, -leyt, uhn-dyuh-, -duh-] verb, -lat·ed, -lat·ing, adjective
- to move with a sinuous or wavelike motion; display a smooth rising-and-falling or side-to-side alternation of movement: The flag undulates in the breeze
- to have a wavy form or surface; bend with successive curves in alternate directions.
- (of a sound) to rise and fall in pitch: the wail of a siren undulating in the distance.
I am a real American...
Today's word of the day is "Adroit" -
- expert or nimble in the use of the hands or body.
- cleverly skillful, resourceful, or ingenious: an adroit debater.
Currently, three of the most prolific and brilliant minds working in modern television are without TV shows at the moment:
- Joss Whedon recently wrapped up "Dollhouse" after two seasons with the (constantly mucking about) Fox.
- Conan O'Brien left "The Tonight Show" after a very public mess with Jay Leno and NBC.
- Bryan Fuller, creator of "Pushing Daisies," "Wonderfalls," and "Dead Like Me," has a development deal with NBC - but no series on the horizon.
So what should these titans of broadcasting do? I say it's time for them to get out of the business of television. Yes it's time to leave behind the main networks and cable channels for...the internet! Buh?